For additional information regarding your legal options if you are facing BUI charges from the US Coast Guard, contact the Bellingham Coast Guard hearing lawyers of Cowan Kirk Kattenhorn today by calling 866-822-1230.
Coast Guard Hearing Standards
The Coast Guard is responsible for handling BUI charges that occur in international waters or the national coastal borders. These hearings ultimately replace the standard judicial trials, meaning that the Coast Guard deals with any appeals through their hearings.
The Coast Guard follows the following rules when it comes to their hearing process:
- A hearing should be requested in writing
- The proposal should include what disputes will be addressed
- The defendant is responsible for bringing in related evidence
- The defendant is responsible for providing legal counsel
- A hearing can be attended via video or in person
If you have been charged with BUI on international or national coastal waters, we can help you to vigorously defend yourself against these allegations. To learn more, contact the Bellingham Coast Guard hearing attorneys of Cowan Kirk Kattenhorn at 866-822-1230.